+ + + + +

"Where there is great love there are always miracles." - Willa Cather

Friday, December 4, 2009

an unvoiced linguolabial trill

Dear Ones, we may err, but we are never wrong. (Rather like an charming old edition of The Bible and That-Other-Book-that-Begins-with-a-Q-or-a-K.) Nevertheless we feel obliged to offer up what might be construed as an apology - if you don't read it too carefully.

We are deeply sorry to say that our much beloved Sister Antiphilia Todgerdodger took a singularly full-throated exception to our most recent post - wherein we referred to "my lady's needlecase". She treated us, in fact, to a quite muscularly articulated unvoiced linguolabial trill. (With a nod to Catullus - vivamus, mea Lesbia, atque amemus PLEASE!)

The poor dear thought we were being dismissive of Our Sisters, the "violet-haired, pure, honey-smiling" Sapphics. Such was not, nor is such ever our intent! Sadly, although offense was not given, it was clearly taken. Seized upon, in fact, and womyn-handled most muscularly, as we noted earlier.

Frankly, ours is a lingua labile as the Italians might say - and as such it is more than occasionally misapprehended. (With regard to misapprehension we recently learned that shopping for a pair of Levi's in parts of Mexico could get one into More Trouble than a pair of pants! But we digress.)

As we are sheathed in an enchantingly male form, it is not surprising that we might be perceived as yet another oppressive masculinist ideologue. We're not. Never were. Never will be.

11 comments:

  1. With all due respect, Sister Antiphilia, may I recommend you turn that linguolabial trill into a linguolabial thrill and JUST CALM DOWN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother Saturnillus, you are a snarky little *#!@&$. If I wasn't so highly evolved, spiritually, speaking, I'd show you what's what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweet children, PLEASE, show some restraint here. We are not Baptists. We are both Sensitive and Civilised to those with whom we disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Doctor, I accept the admonishment. I will try harder. It's just that Brother Saturnillus can be so... difficult... at times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, the Most Irreverend Doctor is right. Let us kiss and make-up, Sister Antiphilia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I'm not know for my "make-up" - yes, let's. But no kissing. I draw the line at that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Not known for your make-up" - Ha! You made a Funny, Sister Antiphilia. I didn't know you had a sense of humor?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I have a prodigious sense of humor, Brother Saturnillus. For example, whenever I see you in your vestments I want to LAUGH AND LAUGH AND LAUGH!

    ReplyDelete